Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pretty Patterns

I thought I would show you some of the patterns that I have my eye on to order and try.  Most of these are a while away, what with the demands of the Hydrangea Festival and everything piling up.  One thing at a time.  Still, it's nice to look ahead some.  Here are some of my (very drool worthy) favorites that will one day find themselves made up and on my dress forms.  Enjoy!

Regency Spencer by Sense and Sensibility Patterns

Regency Underthings, also by S&S:


1900 Driving Coat by Simplicity:

Elizabethan Ensemble, also by Simplicity:

While we're in Simplicity, I am also loving these tops:
And also these skirts, especially view B:

I haven't really had time to peruse through the McCall's and Butterick books.  They usually don't have what I'm looking for, but you never know.  These are all ideas that are floating around in the back of my mind, after everything that's on that right sidebar list.  Mmmm.  I need more tea and more hours.  :)

When I go back to school, I'm going to learn to draft my own patterns.  That's going to be awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Those Sense and Sensibility patterns look beautiful, I must say. Beautiful to the point that I'd almost be tempted to set a production in the Regency just to use them.

    Probably not the best idea for Dr Faustus, though, so I'll be sticking with late medieval for that.

    Do you have any good recommendations for mediaval hats by any chance? I have a good pattern for a sort of all purpose squashed disk with brim, but nothing for the liripipe type hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet had the chance to work with anything in the medieval or Renaissance eras. If you find some good hat patterns, be sure to pop by and share! :)

    ReplyDelete