Saturday, April 14, 2012

Music That I Work To

I need me some new... these.

Music is an integral part of my creative process.  Here is a short list of some of my absolute favorite things to blare on my iTunes as I work in the studio.

  • Steam Powered Giraffe.  You have to follow the link to remotely understand, but I DARE you not to be hooked.  They are amazing on multiple levels! 
  • Film Scores/Soundtracks:
    • Pirates of the Caribbean (most of all #3, "At World's End")- Hans Zimmer
    • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2- Alexandre Desplat
    • Pride and Prejudice- Dario Marianelli
    • A Mid-Summer Night's Dream- Simon Boswell
    • Sense and Sensibility- Patrick Doyle
    • Pearl Harbor- Hans Zimmer
    • The Lord of the Rings- Howard Shore
    • The Chronicles of Narnia- Harry Gregson-Williams
  • Broadway Musicals:
    • Wicked
    • Les Miserables
    • The Music Man
  • Various and Sundry Other Artists:
    • Tenth Avenue North
    • Frank Sinatra
    • Kristin Chenoweth
    • Sting
    • Sarah Brightman
What do you listen to while you work?

No comments:

Post a Comment