Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Day Dress For Taylor P., Part 2

It's been a busy day today, working away on Taylor P.'s day dress.  I'm jumping right back in tomorrow morning at 8 a.m., so this post will just be a quick one with some pics from today.  If all goes well, I will have the final dress finished tomorrow night and photos up ASAP. :)

But today:

I got the bodice and the bodice lining cut out and each sewn together (sides, back and front.  Not lining and outside sewn to each other yet).  I'm going to widen the neck line a little bit, and mess with the armscyes some, to give Taylor a little more freedom of movement.  The front is not finished out yet; it will have a contrasting inch wide piece at the closure and come to a point.

I had the sleeves all cut out and ready to be ironed and then... the power went out.  A dead tree fell across some power lines around a mile from our house, so we had no electricity for around 2 hours.

So, I took the skirt outside to the swing and did the hand work on it.  Two large flat clasps at the waistband, and 3 medium size hook and eyes to keep the back slit closed.

That's it for my quick update.  I'll have LOTS more tomorrow afternoon/evening! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment