|Yep, been kinda like this in the studio... ;)|
So it's now a week into May and I am sorry to have
a) not been able to finish the A-Z Challenge on time like I had intended.
b) gone completely AWOL from this blog for so many days in a row.
But I hope these random tid-bits of recent goings on will pique your curiosity and entice you back every few days as I try to get caught up and get into a more regular posting schedule:
- Costumes don't ever fit the same way twice when corsetry is involved. EVER. (on a related note, I'm shedding pounds. Which is good. But it makes fitting frustrating.)
- My ironing board looks as though I'm attempting to transform it into an acoustic guitar with strands of embroidery floss. Photo to follow in a few days. (You can't tell me you don't want to see that and find out what it's really for.)
- There are about 457 more steps for creating a business plan than I realized. (My notebook hates my guts now.)
- Micro-suede takes an average of 14 more minutes than fleece to navigate through the feed dogs of a Janome Sewist 500.
- Booth design seems like a straightforward process- until you discover that a) you can't make up your mind on the type and size of signage and b) how the heck are you going to suspend 4 dozen fairies from a canopy ceiling, anyway?? Ummmm.... yeaaahhh...
As of today, there are 3 working weeks left until the big hurrah and to-do of the Hydrangea Festival!
So I promise I will try hard to check in here once or twice a week for updates, but just know that I'm either in front of the Janome, coaxing it to work overtime and get all of this done, or I've got a needle and thread in my hands and am making stitches the old fashioned way.
Lots of handmade goodness going on, either way! :)