Monday, October 15, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like...

CHRISTMAS!!!

Yes, those of us who have businesses in themed/gift/custom made items have to start thinking about the end of year holiday season somewhere around the time that July fades into August.  And in just a few short weeks I'll be working on Spring/Easter stock.  Crazy!

It's also beginning to look a lot like Autumn for real, here in West GA.  The mornings are crisp and the leaves are a riot of color.  The Etsy shop is beginning to look better, with Fall themed listings and "Boo", my candy corn sweetie, was even featured in a treasury this week!  AWESOME!

It's beginning to look a lot better in the studio, too.  I've gotten some of my raw materials sorted and organized and at one point everything was tucked so neatly into drawers and cubbies and whatnot that I couldn't FIND anything I was looking for!  (All you creative people know exactly what I'm talking about!)  Now it's just at that perfect stage of "messed-up-ness" where I have a few works in progress out and in pieces, but where it's not a mad jumble of everything.

Lastly, it's beginning to look a lot like I'm finding my niche in my local community, and that feels awesome!  I'm working hard for a November 2nd deadline; the Dog River Library is having an anniversary celebration in the form of an artist's market/festival and I made sure to commit to be a vendor the second I heard about it.  I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!! :)  It's going to be fantastic!  Check out the website homepage for more info.

I'm off to finish ooooonnnnneeee more little project before bed.
Goodnight, all!

Love,
Lucy Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment